Favorite Quotes #2

Gian Carlo Baldonado, Staff Writer

Immerse into the thoughts and personalities of some highlighted Bruins in this week’s favorite quotes!

Avishek Kumar, junior
“When people ask me what photography equipment I use, I say my eyes.”
Whenever I have depression, I go and take pictures of things that make me feel happy. My eyes see better things than my mind.

Zion Larks, freshman
“Life is 10 percent what happens to you and 90 percent how you react to it.”
It’s my favorite quote because I went through a lot my middle school years, and I decided that I wasn’t gonna let them hold me down. I was gonna make sure that I think and choose how I react to certain things so that I don’t explode or go into an emotional breakdown.

Ashley Pina, junior
“Let emotions be emotions, but don’t let them stop you from achieving greatness,” by my mother, Roxanne Pina.
It applies to me because with all the harshness of classes that I have, it keeps me going even when I cry or break down about them. I have it every time in my diary.

Andrew Hernandez, senior
“You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alike that is truer than true,” by Dr. Seuss.
I like this quote because I love myself, and I know that I am the best that I can be.

Catherine Anaya, junior
“Have I gone mad? I’m afraid so. But let me tell you something, the best people usually are.”
I like it because it emphasizes and appreciates that everyone is unique and different in their own way and that’s okay.

Kyra Chiu-Lim, senior
“Always put yourself in other people’s shoes.”
It opens your mind up to their perception of things and it makes you understand other people.