Homecoming Bios

maliny-2
maliny
My name is Maliny Lina Syhavong and I was born May, 11 1999. I have on little brother named Cody, who I am very thankful for. Also very blessed to have parents who will support me through my rough times and will do whatever it is to help me in life. I don’t really have a favorite memory in high school, because every moment I’m with my closest friends are my favorite. Everything my friends and I do never get boring. We’re out here wildin’ with one another. Natalie Sripraseut, Emily Stein, Kyra Chhui-Lim, and Darlene Roeun has always been there for me since day 1. And I love you girlies for holding me down. Ever since high school, I’ve came along lots of new people who have impacted my life in such a tremendous way. Shout out to Eurasia Williams, Ambra Tabuyo, Nisreen Sharideh, and Denise Jiminez. I love all my baby-girls. During my free time I like to sing, dance and cook. Another hobby of mine is doing makeup and hair. I’m not really athletic, I hate running. I never ran in PE, but you’ll never see me run honestly. Throughout my years at Bear Creek, I’ve been involved in multiple clubs like Kababayan, Polynesian, Key Club, and Belly Dancing. After high school, I’d like to explore the world and find who I am. My dream college that I’d love to attend is Chico State. I’d also like to give a shout out to the most L17 class that I’m glad to be a part of. Lastly, I’d like to thank my partner Cory Faamausili for dealing with my wildness.

nisreen-sharideh
nisreen-sharideh-2
My name is Nisreen Sharideh and I was born on September 6, 1999. I want to give a special shoutout to the ones who brought me into this world, my mother Sana Sharideh, and father Sameer Sharideh. I have two sisters who I adore so much, my older sister Shareen Sharideh, and my younger sister Malak Sharideh. You guys have been my rock through it all. I can’t thank you guys enough, I love you guys. Throughout the years at Bear Creek, I’ve been involved in NHS, CSF, Link Crew, and now Conflict Mediation and Senior Assembly Member in Student Government. I am beyond blessed to have been given all the amazing opportunities to be so involved in our school. After high school, I hope to continue my educational career at the University of the Pacific, where I plan to major in Biological Sciences, and minor in Business. I then hope to pursue my career as an Orthodontist and Entrepreneur. I’d like to thank my teachers, counselors, and our school administration throughout the years for always pushing me to my best ability and always believing in me. Special shout out to Ms.LaRue, Ms.Deeter aka “Baddie with a Benz,” Mrs.Dedini, Mr.Vue, Mr.Tunnell, Mr.Khan, and Mr.Clemons. Your constant support and advice has helped me build myself to be the person I am today and the days to come. I’d also like to thank my best friend Alana for always being there for me through it all, I know I can always count on you like you can count on me now and forever, my girls Amina and Mary for being family to me as well, and always having my back, Fab 5 you guys are the best, I truly love you ladies, and the best class ever, my class the class of 2017 for being L17 and live since freshman year, you guys are the best. I’d also like to thank my court partner Manpreet for being supportive and such an amazing person since middle school. I can definitely say I’ve made some of the best memories here at Bear Creek, and I’ll definitely miss it. Once a Bruin, always a Bruin.

samantha
samantha
My name is Samantha Tarrach and I am honored to be nominated for Bear Creek’s 2016 Homecoming Court. My escort for the homecoming rally is Andrew Hernandez. Since my freshman year, I have played basketball for Bear Creek and this year will be my second year on varsity. I am president of the Italian club and members of Red Cross, Pets ‘N Pals and Science Olympiad. My motivator in life is the basketball player Spud Webb because he proved to people he could dunk despite the fact that he was under six feet tall. Spud Webb gives me motivation to try and try again and that anything is possible. Some of my hobbies include painting, collecting vinyl records, cd’s and listening to music. The music I listen to include the bands Panic! At the Disco, Fall Out Boy, Green Day, Blink-182 and many more. I have three siblings named Liz, Ricky and Jeremy and two nieces named Malia and Milan. I have had the opportunity to travel many places such as the Philippines, Germany, Italy, New York, Las Vegas, Virginia, Kansas, Arizona and Hawaii. I would like to continue my travels around the world after college. For college, I plan on attending Fresno State University to pursue my career in the medical field. Shout out to the Bear Creek Lady Bruins for always having my back. This one is for you.

trini-nguyen-2
trini-nguyen
Hello, my name is Trini Nguyen and I have been nominated to be apart of Bear Creek’s 2016 Homecoming Court. I am the eldest out of my four siblings and I’m happy to be healthy alongside my family. I’m proud to have made it where I am today because life is definitely a hassle and the struggle is real. Nevertheless I have cherished many memories of my time in high school, such as meeting my sweetheart(Johnathon Ruiz), and meeting all the amazing teachers and friends who have influenced me in a positive way. In my spare time I tend to spend time with my family and my boyfriend, and I also enjoy playing video games. After high school, I plan to attend San Joaquin Delta College for two years to achieve my general education. Then transfer to San Jose State University or San Francisco Art Institute to pursue a career in computer graphics and animation or video game programming.

alana-2
alana-3
alana
My name is Alana Albarran and I was born on May 22, 1999 to my mother Angela Imperial and father Elier Albarran. I have one brother, Elier Albarran Jr., who is currently a junior at California State University Sacramento. The past few years at Bear Creek, I’ve been a member of CSF, NHS, and AVID. This 2016-17 school year I have been blessed with the opportunity to be a part of Student Government as your ASB Commissioner of Publicity. This is my second and last year being a Bear Creek cheerleader, something I love to do and enjoyed doing for the past two years. After high school, I’d love to continue my cheer journey at California State University, Fullerton where I hope to major in Forensic Science or Criminal Justice. I’d love to pursue a career as a crime scene investigator and my biggest dream is to own a non-profit rescue and rehabilitation organization for animals, specializing in dogs. I want to give a special shoutout to my wife, Ellen DeGeneres, for making me laugh my behind off when I needed someone to cheer me up. I’d like to thank my teachers La Rue and Deeter for always believing in me and pushing me to keep going and never give up, my best friends Nisreen and Rob for sticking by my side since freshman year and never leaving me when times were challenging, my mom for being there for me through the tough times and for being my biggest fan, and my love, court partner and amazing boyfriend, Jeremy for always supporting me in everything I do and giving me unconditional love. Bear Creek has been great to me, and I’ll definitely miss being a bruin!

liz-malone
liz-malone-3
liz-malone-2
Liz Malone
As a kid, I feared that high school would be this huge place filled with nerds being shoved in lockers and a whole popular kids versus the rest ofthe school situation going on. When I got here I realized high school is not all that it seems in tv, instead it’s a place where it helps you become who you are with the help of the supporting teachers we have on our Bear Creek campus. Bear Creek has taught me to be very open minded, and also find my love for performing arts. I’ve participated in our theatre program in shows like, “Bye Bye Birdie,” “Rumors,” and “Grease” and they’ve all turned out to be very fun shows. I’ve also taken part in our speech and debate team for the last four years with an amazing coach, Ms. Minick, and I’m also very grateful to have my speech and debate partner as my homecoming partner. I plan on using these skills I’ve learned in high school in college where I plan on majoring in business and minoring in psychology. I look forward to an awesome year filled with great experiences with my classmates, friends and family. Rock on Bear Creek!

jonathan
My name is Johnathon Ruiz and I am representing bear creek on this year’s homecoming court. My family consists of myself, my brother, my grandfather, and my mom. I enjoy memes, basketball, and video games. I am involved in clubs such as JCKC, Film, and Kaba; however I’m planning to join punjabi as well. High school has brought me so many opportunities to meet new people, teachers, and overall create an immersive experience. After high school I plan to attend either UOP or San Jose State, majoring in computer science and engineering. From there on, I plan to find a job within the technological field. I’d like to give a shoutout to my family, my lovely girlfriend and those whom I’ve met along my journey through high school. High school has given me such a wonderful experience and I hope that this will stick with me for the future years to come.

jeremy
jeremy
My name is Jeremy Gritsch AKA Jsmoove and I was born on April 14, 1999, to my Mother Yolette Gritsch and Father Kevin Gritsch. I have three brothers Zac, Corey, and Riley. My favorite High School memory was when I met the Friends that I have made at this school and the day that I had the guts to ask out my now Girlfriend and HomeComing partner Alana Albarran. I’m proud to be apart of the creek crazies to show off the school spirit and love that I have for bear creek. A college that I would like to attend after High School would be Blue Mountain State University that I would then go and major in criminal justice and Biology. After that I would like to be a California Game Warden. I wanna give a shoutout to my homies Justice, Carson, Josh, Kusiek Brothers, LunchBox, Jordan, My barber John always keeping me fresh, and Robby. P.S a special shoutout to the class of 2017 we are gonna get this year L17!

cory-faamausili-6
cory-faamausili-5
Hello! My name is Cory Faamausili and I am born and raised in Stockton. I have 5 family members; including my fraternal-twin brother, Casey Faamausili. I have been a Bear Creek Cheerleader for 2 years; I’ve been in the Kababayan Club for 4 years and a member of Swing club and Pets-n-Pals. I’m proud that I did cross country my sophomore year and I will forever miss doing it. My favorite high school memories are dressing up everyday for spirit week, also my brother and I were able to go to London for the New Year’s Day Parade and perform as All-American Cheerleaders to represent Bear Creek. I will forever love my best friends; yall know who you are! 😉 I would also like to give a shout out to Ms. La Rue for being my teacher for 3 years and going through my nagging and complaints; she’s definitely one my favorite teachers. I do plan to continue cheering at Sacramento State to study public relations and get a profession as an Advertising Manager.

caseycasey-4
casey-2casey-3
My name is Casey Faamausili and even though he doesn’t look like me, I have a twin brother named, Cory Faamausili. I also have an older brother and sister who I admire every day. I would love to thank my parents for being amazingly supportive in everything I do and that I am so grateful for them. I am currently one of the Varsity captains of the Bear Creek Cheerleading squad and have been a part of the program since sophomore year. Shout out to all the BC cheerleaders out there! I love you guys! BC YOU KNOW! Since freshmen year, I have participated in the filipino club, Kababayan and Speech & Debate. Can’t believe it’s going to be my fourth year participating in these programs, and I can’t wait to see what we will accomplish this year. I would like to thank Mrs. Minick for being an awesome speech coach and pushing me to do better each tournament. Speech and Debate will be one of many memories that I will miss most after high school. I hope to attend either San Jose State or University of Hawaii at Manoa and hope to continue cheer after high school while studying Communications.

manpreet
manpreet-2
manpreet-3
My name is Manpreet Rai, I was born on June 18, 1998. I want to give a shoutout to the people who have my heart, my father Karam Rai, my mom Sonia Rai, and my step mom Parvinder Rai for showing me love no matter what decisions I make or had made, and always guiding me to a successful path in life. I have two older brothers Colin Rai and Deepa Rai, I also have one little sister Simran, I love them with all my heart because they always help me take the weight off my shoulders when I am feeling down. I truly love Bear Creek High school because our school is the most diversed school in the district, the students and staff have a big heart, they always joke around with each other and help others when they are feeling down. I have made amazing memories at Bear Creek with amazing people that I will later on in life think back, laugh, and smile on all the times we got in trouble and all the successful goals we achieved. Our campus has numerous amount of clubs for students to join, so far this year I have joined the BC hotties, Punjabi Junction, Pets and pals club. After High School I would like to continue my education at a two year community college and transfer to Grand Canyon University in Phoenix to study for X Ray Technician and major in BS Health Science. In the future I plan on becoming an X Ray Technician and moving my way up to be a Radiologist in the Medical Field. I’d like to thank all my teachers, friends,and my counselor Ms. Pham Peck for helping and making me a stronger person throughout my High School journey the past 4 years, and My Homecoming Court partner Nisreen for always being there for me and helping me stay positive through the hard times since middle school. I would like to wish all the best to the whole Class of 2017 on their future on what path they take in their life, the past 4 years we have made the Creek crazy and fun,we have meet new people, laughed, fought, and cried with each other but at the end of the day we stick together. It took 2017 years for a Class to be this great ! lets EX17 out of Bear Creek High School with our diplomas!

Andrew Hernandez is the Bear Creek water polo goalie. He is also in GLOW club, where he is the president, and is part of the Creek Crazy council. He believes in equality for all and wants everyone to know that it is okay to be whoever you want to be. Don’t make yourself any lesser just to satisfy someone else. He wants to give a shout out to his class of 2017!!!! And to his family and friends for always being there for him . Love you guys!