Strange Addictions #1

Emma Snyder, Staff Writer

Like the TV show “My Strange Addictions”, readers of this article would be surprised by the weird things people love.

Some strange addictions are dangerous, some are funny, and some are really just so strange that you can’t wrap your head around.

The official definition of addiction according to Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary is a compulsive need for and use of a habit-forming substance
Addiction is a persistent compulsive use of a substance known by the user to be harmful, but not all addictions are dangerous.

I’ve compiled a group of people whom I asked “Do you have a strange addiction?”

Junior Hallie Briscoe admits that she is addicted to putting Elmers glue on her hand, letting it dry, and peeling it off.

“It really helps me relieve my stress,” Briscoe said. “I usually do it while studying or when I am super stressed out about a situation.”

The idea of peeling stuff off is oddly satisfying to some — even Instagram has accounts for oddly satisfying things.

Senior Chris Giuntu has a superstitious about where he steps. Like the saying ‘step on a crack you break your mother’s back.”
“I won’t step on a crack in the sidewalk,” Giuntu said. “Also when I’m in the mall I won’t step on the colored tiles.”

Sophomore Justin Kreiter. admits that he’s addicted to drinking soda. An unhealthy habit turns into an unhealthy addiction.

“I drink like 3-4 sodas a day,” Said Kreiter. “I have always liked soda this much.”

Strange addictions differ from person to person. Some things that people see “addicted” are really just something they love.
Senior Justin Ho states that he is addicted to running.

“I guess you could say that’s my addiction,” said Ho. “I run a lot… It’s hard for me to go a day without running.”

I myself don’t know if I’m really addicted to anything. I guess I could agree with Justin and say that I am addicted to running, hence that I run track and field.

Some people are dangerously addicted to working out; meaning they go many times a day, wearing themselves out to the ground.

This addiction could go so far that people don’t eat as much, putting their body in danger, just so they can reach their addictive fitness goal.