Gilmore Girls (TV show 2000-2007)

Dulce Rojas, Staff Writer

Rated nine out of ten, and almost too good for its own good, Gilmore Girls is the show that has been watched by all demographics over the years since 2000, and it’s back on Netflix.

Set in a storybook Connecticut town populated by eccentric and multi-faceted dreamers, quirky business owners, small-town peers, a Kirk, and everyday folk, Gilmore Girls is the multigenerational drama about family and friendship.
The show revolves around Lorelai Gilmore and her daughter the beloved and angelic Rory: these two characters are the epitome of hard work and live the exhilarating life of two girls living the dream. Both live in Stars Hollow, a place with plenty of small-town vibes and its own town troubadour.

The story of the Gilmore Girls Constant reprimands from her affluent parents and has raised Rory on her own at the age of sixteen; she owns the town’s bed-and-breakfast, the Dragonfly Inn, with best friend Sookie, and contends with weekly dinners Richard and Emily Gilmore, the parents.

Lorelai, however is different, and has decided to leave the commodities of a rich lifestyle in order to pursue freedom. She and her daughter Rory — the funny, quirky, and cultured gals who know everything about films and music — grow together as sisters and help each other find their way.

Both Rory and Lorelai want the best for each other and want Rory to go harvard. However when private high school Chilton becomes a financial obstacle, Lorelai Gilmore is left with no option but to accept aid from her parents. Thus being involucrated and obliged to attend Friday night weekly dinners in order to bring Rory back into her parents’ lives.
These series of events are entailed and furnished with an amazing soundtrack, including the famous theme song “Where you Lead” by Carole King. Gilmore Girls is the one show to include quickness of dialogue and likeable personal dynamics. The characters are intelligent and extremely relatable.

In any case, during the next school break, students should pick up some of the Gilmore Girls jargon and binge-watch all eight seasons. The experience is incomparable and followed by the Netflix revival Gilmore Girls: A day in the life nearly a decade later.