Homecoming Biographies: Talena Vo & Hieu Phan

Vo: My proudest accomplishment in high school was being able to pass all the classes I was struggling in. I have been actively involved in Key Club and Badminton for all 4 years of High School. I have been apart of the Key Club Board since my sophomore year. I’m also in Viet Club.

My favorite high school memory was in junior year when I got into Link Crew and got to experience leadership camp with amazing people. I learned valuable things as well as getting to meet people on an emotional level.

My plan after high school is to go to Delta to get my general education done and to obtain my Associates degree in Nursing. Then I hope to transfer into a UC or CSU to receive a Bachelor’s Degree in Science of Nursing. Lastly, to apply as a Registered Nurse.

My biggest fear is failing myself and my family. I also fear spiders. My dream is to travel to different countries to try their ethnic foods. My favorite oldie song is “P.Y.T” by Michael Jackson, because it’s catchy and doesn’t sound like any of the music we have now. It’s a classic.

Shoutout to my Asian table and my Feesta Girls! Thanks Mom and Dad for raising me into the person I am today!

Phan: My proudest accomplishment in high school would have to be being able to max bench press my own body weight of 140 lbs and also reaching a high rank in the popular MOBA game, League of Legends of platinum 5, which is the top 7% of all players in North America. I also used to play league of legends semi professionally and make money off participating in tournaments such as CLC. I am currently a member of the legendary club that is known as Red Cross because I am a friendly person and like to help people.

My favorite high school memory would be in my junior year of high school where I met some pretty cool people in my 6th period physics class taught by Dr. Barnett. It was my favorite high school memory because in the second semester of this class, we had a project where we had to make a boat out of water bottles and that eventually let me get to know my group mates of Kenny, Allen, and Nam better. Nam eventually convinced me to get a membership at the gym he goes to and now I’ve been going to the gym with him and a couple other friends pretty often and it is a lot of fun.

My plans after high school would have to be attending  to San Jose State University and major in fine arts and to someday make my own anime that will become successful. My biggest fear is actually quite unusual. Ever since I was young I was always scared of interacting with the opposite gender. “I’m not gay, I just like men,” is what I would always tell my friends because I am comfortable around guys, but at the same time, I know I don’t have a sexual desire for men. I’m just nervous around girls. My dream is to be successful in life and make lots of money. My favorite oldest song that I can remember would be “Fireflies” by Owl City because I guess the lyrics are interesting and the beat is on point?

The first shoutout that I would like to give would have to be my best friend ever since elementary school, the infamous Helen Le. She has always provided me with encouragement and help me in school and overall being a awesome friend. I hope that one day she could become my future wife as we have very good chemistry as well as synergy. My second shout out would have to go to Kyle Fry. I have also known this guy since elementary and he’s been there for me throughout my life. This guy has literally been through thick and thin with me, staying up all night in order to help me with school projects and essays. One thing I remember Kyle always telling me when I’m feeling down is ” you have to dab on the haters,” and I remember that quote and it helped me throughout  my high school career when I was being picked on or teased by other people. For my three family members I’m going to keep this short and sweet because family is family and always will be important. First is my cousin Phiyen Duong for playing games like Minecraft and League of Legends with me, my other cousin Tiffany Tran for caring for me and being a good childhood friend, and last but not least, my little brother Trung Phan for being funny and always brightening the mood.