Dear Santa

Gabriella Backus, Student

Give me some damn money this Christmas.

You heard me.  Give me some damn money!  I have come to the cynical conclusion that the world revolves around money, so give me some money.

Give me some damn money so I can pay off my parent’s bills.

Give me some damn money so I can give everyone who loves me everything they’ve ever dreamed of.  Or at least everything I’ve heard them say they’d buy if they had a million dollars.

Give me some damn money so I can walk into Target and buy every little stupid item in the dollar section.

Give me some damn money so I can walk by a homeless person and help them turn their life around.

Give me some damn money so I can cover someone’s check and not worry about the financial consequences of being a nice person.

Give me some damn money so I can try the fanciest restaurants in Stockton.  Give me some money so I can fly to Uganda and try their fanciest restaurants.  Give me some money so I can take my own private limo all the way down to Brazil and try every street vendor’s food.

Give me some damn money so I can see the sights of the world, good and bad, before I die.

Give me some damn money so I can donate all of it to Planned Parenthood.

Give me some damn money so I can start a nonprofit to aid the poor, the unhealthy, the anyone-who-needs-help.

Give me some damn money so I can do what I want to do with my life instead of taking the path of no risks and ending up in a dead-end job and never feeling satisfied with the life I’ve made for myself.

Give me some money, dude.  I don’t want you to guess what little trinkets or toys to give me.  I want to have the power of choice.  I’ll choose for myself what I do with that damn money.

Thanks,

Gabi

About the Writer
Gabriella Backus, Editor-in-Chief, Retired Online-Editor-In-Chief, Staff Writer

I'm interested in any type of art, so my hobby is creating art.  I'm the president of Red Cross and Art Club.  I've been in journalism for three years;...