Dear Santa: We were on a BREAK

Back to Article
Back to Article

Dear Santa: We were on a BREAK

Jasmine Castillo, Staff Writer

Dear Santa,

Santa this holiday all I want is a break from the chaos. I want a break from the suffering. A break from mothers and fathers and sister and brothers crying with pure agony because of the loss this cruel world provides them with. I am tired of animals being used for their extravagant parts that are simply a leisure to man. I am tired, Santa. I’m tired of having to shut off the television while viewing all the distress of the world. I’m tired of never being listened to because I am simply a sophomore, yet I am expected to keep up to date with all the chaos occuring in our society. I need you to use your holiday magic this year especially, Santa. I am tired of watching schools being targeted. I am tired of second guessing my safety while walking down the street. I am tired of innocent people being persecuted simply because of the pigment they were genetically given. I am tired of protests that result in no action by our government leaders. I am tired of the sickness every one of us deals with, yet no cure is ever found. So please take a break from giving me the newest iphone or nice clothing, because I would much rather have a world where society thinks of others before themselves.

From,
Jasmine

About the Writer
Jasmine Castillo, Staff Writer

The song "Hey Ya" by Outkast is stuck in my tiny, enclosed mind.

Oh hello there. I guess you clicked on my profile. The name's Castillo, Jasmine Castillo....