Voices: Annual naughty or nice list

Naughty

• The district for thinking it could impose an unconstitutional social media policy upon its students.

• McNair high school for trashing our school, calling us “ratchet,” and for losing the football game against us the same night.

• Miley Cyrus— need we say more?

• #cut4bieber for making girls slit their wrists in hopes to stop Justin Bieber from smoking marijuana.

• The word “trop.”

• Sharkeisha for  skipping her anger management class.

• Bear Creek students for throwing carrots at other people during lunch.

• Members of Congress and other government officials responsible for the government shutdown in October, which furloughed 800,000 workers for 16 days, created $2 billion in back pay and cost 120,000 private sector jobs.

• Whoever stole the taiko drums from the JCKC Club and oil paints from Ms. Eger’s class.

• TV writers and directors who kill off major characters and leave their fanbases with emotional voids.  R.I.P. Brian Griffin, Hershel Greene, and Clay Morrow.

• Class of 2014 for losing the powderpuff game for the first time in…. ever.

Nice

• The varsity football team for winning the Homecoming game for the first time in Bear Creek history against Lodi.

• The cheerleaders for their awesome light show during the Homecoming rally.

• Musicians with real talent making true music amidst all the decay and synthetic garbage that some say passes for music.

• The students who helped clean up the campus after students from McNair broke in during the night and trashed the campus.

• Principal Atterberry for showing that he actually cares about Bear Creek and its students and for understanding the basic tenets of the First Amendment.

• Female education activist Malala Yousafzai for continuing to serve the world, despite the assassination attempt on her life and recent threats from the Taliban.

• The students who protested the social media policy for having the bravery to stand up to the board of trustees against violations on students’ rights.

• Bear Creek coach Kirk Klucznik for being named “The Record’s’’ All-Area Coach of the Year.  And the varsity volleyball girls for making it to play-offs.

• Mrs. Oesterman and the L.I.F.E. Club for sponsoring a program for the clubs to volunteer and clean up the green spaces on campus.

• “Grind on me” vines for appealing to teenage girls… and boys.